Friday, January 27, 2006

Rooney


I just wrote a giant post about this awesome pop/rock band called Rooney. I have been obsessed with them for over a week. I finished the entry up, it was real good and lengthy. My browser crashed while I was getting the direct link for the file. So I'll just be real general.









  • They label their music Rock/Alt/Indie. They could also be called Pop/Rock. They are a 5 piece band formed in '99.
  • Their debut album, off of Geffen Records, called "Popstars" is from 2003. Their lyrics were hostile to popstars.
  • This is not "hostile" music. There is a strong melody and a excellent melody. The lyrics are all clear.
  • My favorite song off "Popstars" is "Stay Away". It has been stuck in my head for at least 3 days.
  • The lyrics and sound is very happy and perky. These guys are still rock and roll though.
  • There is something almost classic about Rooney, if you like The Beach Boys, and 60's music- You'll like Rooney.
  • If Death Metal music is your life then Rooney is the bane of your existence.
  • The supplied download is from their forthcoming spring album called "Sophmore".
You'll just have to listen to understand.

Right Click, Save as, and Have A Nice Day!

Rooney- Radio

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home